Thursday, February 7, 2013

We took the Zoo to the Zoo

This summer we went to my mom's for a little bit.  I was so excited all year to go but when I got there it just seemed the time flew by.  While we were there we made a list of what the kids wanted to do.  Tesi said she had never been to the zoo, so we packed up and headed to New Orleans Zoo for some fun in the hot hot hot sun.  Did I mention it was hot? Yeah well just think Louisiana....mid July....stinky animals....no relief...Yay that hot!  However that is what you do when your girl wants to see the Zoo. You put your big girl panties on and go melt in the sun to see some stinky animals.  It was not so bad since I had 3 on 3. Normally it is 1(me) on 3 (kids).  Plus when you have grandma and grandpa that do not have the word no in their vocabulary you stay pretty refreshed with all the icy drinks they buy.    In all seriousness it was a good time and I love seeing the world through my children's eyes. Okay and now it is time for the overload of pictures!


Waiting on Grandpa with the treats!

cooling off in a Restaurant and these guys are dancing to music and running around

This bear was actually quite close. 


Grandpa!!! Hold me up so I can see!

Trying to feed an alligator I'm sure!  J/K

Look how cute they are!  

This guy was actually cool to watch eat. They are so human like


King Louie!!

Well yeah sure I could go around a zoo all the time if I had 
my own personal lifter picker upper


 Bringing the goods back with gramps

Sitting in an old oak tree.  

trying to cool off anyway we can at the zoo

My front yard....

Hey mister bear!

Must be nice. LOL

Out of all the animals that Tesi wanted to see was an elephant.  
She did not get to until the very end!!  


1 comment:

Lisa said...

!. I have the most amazing husband! 2. I have the most amazing daughter. 3. I have THE MOST AMAZING GRAND CHILDREN!! What fun we had last summer. It will be a tradition, no matter what!