Monday, March 5, 2012

October 30th...Its Party Time

So as I said in a previous post....Millie's birthday fell on a Wednesday.  So we gave her the choice to either have the party the following Saturday or wait a couple of weeks and have it the weekend of Halloween and her first primary program so Grandma Lisa could be there.  Well you bet your buttons that she chose the latter. She loves her grandma Lisa!!! She wanted a little mermaid party....so it being my first....ta duh...Pinterest to the rescue.  At this point in Millie's life she was not too keen on making friends.  She could take them or leave them.  In fact I think that back at that time that friends overwhelmed her and caused her stress. So we opted for a family and close family friends party only.   I asked her what she wanted to eat for her birthday. She said BACON!!!  I said okay...what else?  She looked at me like I just asked do you want your cake with frosting or no frosting?  She said that is it! I said we have to eat something else besides Bacon.  She finally consented to when I mentioned Grandma Lisa spaghetti.  That girl can eat her weight in Grandma Lisa spaghetti.  I really loved the way the party turned out and Millie is so blessed to have so many people that love her.   Sorry for the picture overload but I have no clue how to do one of those collage things. I know I could learn but I barely have the time to blog much less learn new things.


 Her seeing her party for the first time.  

Mrs. Sharon (Casa Worker). We love her!




 the birthday girl with all of her presents






I made her shirt!  I did one of those iron on transfer things. 

After the party my mom took the girls to Build a Bear to make there very own bear to snuggle with every night to remember Grandma by.  It was truly fun!









Afterwards we discovered Radio Disney close by and because I have no fear of yelling in public I got pulled up on stage for a whistling competition.  I had no clue what I was yelling for. They just said everyone yell real loud and because I was my voice was already pretty much gone and with me yelling on top of it it meant that I could not whistle.  So I get up on stage and nothing will come out.  Then on top of it they add crackers to our mouth.  All I could do was laugh!  I did win a candybar! So boo ya!


 This is me asking if I can try whistling with crackers in my mouth close to the audience. 

3 comments:

Taber & Rebecca said...

What a FUN party!

P.s. I have no idea how to make a collage either!

Adrienne said...

Ha ha ha-- I miss you, Amanda! Love all these wonderful pictures! You are such a great Momma!

Ashley Mlynarski said...

TOTALLY COOL party Amanda!!! You are such a wonderful mother and you have given these kids such and awesome opportunity!!! I am sooooo happy for your family!!! Truly amazing!!!! Love you!!!!