Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Ain't Nothing but a Sweet Thing

Okay, so the last couple days I have been craving cupcakes. I don't know why. I am usually not a huge cupcake person. If I want something sweet I usally want chocolate and ice cream. I have been trying to ignore my little sweet tooth but on Monday night I could not take it anymore. I knew that I would buy the cupcake batter but I wanted frosting from scratch. So I started looking up cupcake frosting and came across this recipe on a blog called Breakfast Bunch Handmade.

So I first made the cupcakes. I decided to use Funfetti batter. You can buy the box kind or make it from scratch. I was more interested in the frosting, so I bought the box kind.


So this picture is after I actually poured the batter into the cupcake paper cups. So then I bake the cupcakes.
Now it is time for the frosting. Here are the ingredients

Fresh Strawberry Buttercream Frosting Ingredients

2 sticks (1 cup) butter softened

1/2 jar (3-4oz) marshmallow cream (such as Marshmallow Fluff or Creme)

4 cups confectioners' sugar

1 tsp vanilla extract

6-7 strawberries, with the stems removed


Directions

Beat butter in a medium bowl with mixer on medium speed until creamy
Beat in marshmallow cream.




When well blended, beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla.

Blend in sliced strawberries. Okay this is where it got tricky. I actually put a few sliced strawberries in the frosting mix and it would not blend them. So I finally put them in the blender and liquified them Then I added them to the frosting mixture.Add a little more confectioners’ sugar as needed to achieve the texture you'd like. I liked my texture so I did not add any confectioners sugar. It is totally up to you. Increase speed to high and beat 3 to 4 minutes until fluffy.
You can not frost the cupcakes until they are completely cooled, otherwise the frosting with melt.

Then TAAA_DAAAA. It tasted like frest strawberries and cream.

We still have tons of frosting left, so I am going to bake a cake and try to take it to a birthday party we are going to this weekend. We do not need sweets in this house. I took the cupcakes to work and they went quickly. Stay tuned next week when I show you how to make this.....

4 comments:

Lisa said...

OH MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Fresh strawberries? Wow! I have tasted your dishes, & you are a fabulous cook! Anything you make is great. I am gonna try these!

misti said...

Girl you are spending your time very wisely! Those look sooo yummy

misti said...

Yes I definitely wanted to hear your answers! I'm glad you played along :o)

Dear Darla said...

You are the most awesomest cook. Please make me some more cupcakes..