Monday, April 27, 2009

This is not Oprah's favorite things, This is Amanda's favorite things

Recently I was thinking about some of my favorite products. I was reading a magaizine where they asked celebs what are things that they never leave home without. Then as I was walking around Wal-mart one day I noticed that people would quickly grab a product and go about their business. Obviously they did not even have to think about it. This is a regular for them. So I started thinking about my beauty products and the things that are my favorite.

I have always been jealous of those girls with really thick eyelashes that make their eyes pop when they wear mascara. I could never find one that did it for me until a friend gave me a mascara that she bought and only tried once and hated it. She handed it to me and said "here I think this works better for white people." So I gave it a shot. It is called Loreal Telescopic mascara. I love this stuff. I love the way it makes my eyelashes look. It never clumps and is easy to wash off. I know it is not for everyone but this works for me!
On to my next favorite thing...My hair is so hard to do. It is not curly enough to put some gel in it and run, and it is not straight enough just to blow dry it. No sirree. If I want to look nice I either have to blow dry and straighten my hair and put smoothing cream or it just looks frizzy or blow dry it and hot roll my hair. All of this takes to long, so usually wind up putting it in a messy bun. Until my sister introduceed me to my next two favorite products. It is Aveda confixor and Be curly. I love this stuff. I just put the confixor in my hair followed by the be curly and WHAM!!! everyone is asking me how I get my hair like I do and when I tell them that I just put these two things in it and let it air dry. I have people glower at me. You mean you did not curl it that way. NOPE. I will not leave home without this stuff.


Next up is moisturizer! Living in southern Louisiana humidty, I never really needed moisturizer. You sweat buckets over there! However, living in Texas now where it is more dry, I have needed a good moisturizer. I have found it with Olay moisturizer. I use different ones, but now with the summer coming up I am making sure to use the one with the spf. This product helps my makeup stay on better.

Obviously, I use more products than this but these are the ones that I can not leave home without. Some of my products are still in the test phase. I like them but I am not to the point that I LOVE them, like I do these products.

SO let's hear it....What are your favorite things. What are the products that are tried and tested true for you.?

I tag Misti, Mom, Lynsie, Cami, and any others that are reading this to post a blog about their favorite things!!

****Disclaimer*****Do not blame the products for the way that I look. It is not a personal reflection of their capabilities. You would first need to see the before. So they took me from ugggg, gasp, look away to the current not break a mirror look.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

First of all, "Oh no you di'int just dish Louisiana! Sweat buckets, my toe! You were just a sweaty person! Don't be hatin'! 2nd of all...HOw come I didn't know about these hair products?!? They sound like they are just what I need! 3rd of all, you copy catted the Oil of Olay! 4th of all. Right now I am fantasizing about a favorite thing that I haven't even used yet. I am drooling...see me lip..drool. The 'LOTUS SANITIZING SYSTEM!" It even sounds wonderful doesn't it? Google it! If I am not getting a Nikon for mother's day...I best be gettin' that!!5th of all....What category should I cover on the favorite things? The use in the house....or can't leave home without it....or can't stop eating it...can't stop wearing it....which...tell me hugh...hugh?

Lisa said...

Geaux....

www.livinlouisiana.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

okay right now for the favorite things category, I want people to talk about beauty products. I want to know what products you love that you use for beauty that you think really work for you. Second, all the products that I love were given to me, so therefore they are copy cats. I never claimed to discover these on my own. The mascara a friend gave to me, the hair stuff Ashley recommended and gave to me, and the olay stuff EVERYONE with great skin recommends. I really hope dad contacts me soon on this lotus thing. I can not imagine what is going to happen if you do not get it.

Lisa said...

Chill. Lolol. OK...here is my beauty can't do without. PANTENE SHAMPOO+ cONDITIONER. ...COVER GIRL PROFESSIONAL REMARKABLE MASCARA (black/brown) stays on great, but doesn't run when I cry. Comes off really easy when I want it to. Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus eye pencil. LIPSTICK!! Vaseline Intensive care lotion. Even princess Fergie says that she has traveled the world over,and that is the best lotion! Cetaphil lotion for my feet. Makes them look like a baby's!!

Mary Martha said...

love it! What a cute post. I agree with you about the aveda confixor. It is the best. and it smells so good. it's good to be in touch... hope you are well

misti said...

Ooh I love this! I'll get mine posted :)

Phil and Cami said...

You are so funny! I love reading your blog! I'm sure you never have those break the mirror looking days...you're beautiful! I think I'm going to have to try that moisturizer because I just haven't found one I love.
I'm going to have to think about the ones I love the most.

Phil and Cami said...

BTW..I LOVE Aveda...but alas, decided I couldn't afford it after I got pregnant with CJ. Sniff. I miss it.