Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What A Day!!



Okay, so today was kind of crappy. Sorry for using such strong language but that is how I feel. Somedays it is so hard to work with teenagers. They are these little smart mouth monsters barging in and demanding things like you owe it to them. This new job is more of a struggle than what I thought it would be. When I worked in the hospital, I had a knacked for it. It came to me naturally. Helping people come up with a plan for life changing illnesses was something that I loved. Grief counseling was easy because I could offer that shoulder to cry on. However, working with teenagers has not come as natural to me. I find myself wanting to lecture rather than listen. I find myself wanting to teach rather than learn....having expectation rather than just supporting their decisions. How much help can I really be in this mind frame? So I decided to turn a new leaf. I decided to be the one bright smile in their day and mean it. I am a therapist...I am here to heal, not to be one more adult in there life that they can not talk to.




So the day started off crappy but ended with the best surprise. I came home to my husband (the good looking man above) cooking me dinner. He sat me outside on my new patio chair and had me relax while he did it all. Here is the menu...hamburgers, brauts, corn on the cob, and french fries. He even had music playing. After dinner, he completely cleaned up all by himself. Then he sat me on the couch and brought me a pillow and turned on my favorite TV show. So I came home all stressed out and within an hour I was completely relaxed. So to quote my coworker Alesha ..."You (or I) have the best husband." Thank goodness for my great husband who is so willing to serve just to help me relax. And guess where he is now...out working. He is so unselfish. I am so glad to have had the past 7 years (2 years dating and almost 5 years of marriage) with him. I know that he is just as tired as I am but he put himself aside just to make sure I was comfortable. I love him so much!! I am so lucky...

2 comments:

The Odd Couple said...

Oh that is so sweet! It is always nice to have a husband that realizes we work hard too and pamper/cook for us too. Althouh, I think my husband is REALLY GREAT too...I would say better but I don't want to start any cat fights. Hehe.

Vanessa said...

so nice when they think of us! :) sorry that you are strugglin' with the new job...I bet you are doing fabulous- you are one strong and incredible woman. those kids are so lucky to have someone with perspective and sincerity