Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Obsession



Okay I have a big obsession. I thought at first it was just a like or a love but now I go out of my way to get it. I must confess. I am obsessed with dum dum suckers. I can not get enough of them. I buy like three to four paks a week. However, I only like certain flavors....bananna, cream soda, cherry cola, cotton candy, bubble gum, pineapple coconut, and strawberry. The rest I won't touch. Others have started to notice my love for them. I have them all the time. And when I was in graduate school, I got my whole graduate class addicted. So now I have infected others. I have tried to stop but I can't. I will start craving them like crazy. I don't know why, but I felt like I needed to get that out there.


Another reason I started this blog is because I got sick of reading other peoples blog who were tracking or announcing their pregnancy. It is so hard to read other peoples blog and not have anyone to relate to. Everyone is pregnant! No one is having trouble conceiving. Somedays or better than others. Sometimes I love the fact that I have had so much time with just Milton and me. I mean we have had some good times and great memories. I am grateful that we can go do things and not worry about getting someone to watch a baby. However, there are moments that I freak out. I think man we are going to married five years here soon and NO children. There are couples I know that are on their second or third child. Oh and I hate when people try to give advice about it like they know how it feels. It never helps. Even the success stories don't help. It is just one more couple that has a baby and I don't. I have been asked the question to I feel that I will ever have kids? I have asked myself that question a thousand times and I always come to the same answer....I don't know

3 comments:

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

Hi Amanda-- My name is Michelle and I am friends with Vanessa Jansen. I read your post about no babies yet. My husband and I weren't able to have our baby until we were married a little over five years. It got rough and frustrating. If you ever want to talk or ask questions feel free to email me! cmhinkson@yahoo.com

The Odd Couple said...

Come on Amanda...you know thats not true...millions of women have trouble with conceiving. If you want a fresh perspective then go check out my friend Jilly, Kenny, & Aidens blog (linked). It made me kinda teary eyed because it was so sweet. So happy you joined the blogging world! Just another way to keep in touch!

The Odd Couple said...

Oh and I hope you didn't think I was being rude...I was smiling and laughing as I typed (hard to convey in written word). I know its very hard but I also know you. Thank goodness you've got your dum dums! Love ya girl!