Sunday, September 8, 2013

Thanksgiving is for the birds!

I am trying to always play catch up. Oh well! I guess it means I am living life rather than watching it....yeah that's it.  Now I feel better. Thanksgiving 2012 we went to my parents. It was a fun low key Thanksgiving.  We went to Louisiana.  Everyone was there except Ashley. That is always the sad thing about growing up. It seems there is always a person missing now.  We did out traditional go around the table and say what you are grateful for. We laughed the hardest because mom mentioned each of us briefly and then turned the time over for her dissertation of why she was grateful for the grandkids.  A word to the wise, once you have kids....you do not exist anymore.  The next funny thing was we went down to a lake near LSU campus to feed the ducks.  Once we got down there, there were tons of pigeons!! I mean tons.  We would be sitting there feeding them and all of a sudden they would in one big swoop take off simultaneously and then come back like a boomerang. They probably did this 20 times. It just made us laugh.

Someone fell asleep during said dissertation 


going and going

and going...will it ever stop? We dont know!
























2 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't believe how much the boys have changed! I think this was the same Thanksgiving that I was (rightfully) accused, that if the house caught on fire, and I had a choice between the kids or my grand kids, I made the choice of the gbabes because you guys have lived a great life.

Sondra said...

I can't believe how much your brothers have grown! They were so little back when I was in high school!