Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What to do

Okay, so I have enjoyed being at home. I am enjoying having time on my hands. I have enjoyed having my own agenda every day. But now I think I am going a little stir crazy. Today I got up made a doctor's appointment, called my insurance, called bill company to tell them that they did not file my insurance correctly, paid some bills, did 3 loads of laundry, made breakfast lunch and dinner, surfed the internet, watched a movie, filled out milton's fafsa, and I still had time left over. Trust me, I know there is tons more to do. I can clean out closets, pantry, refrigerators, dust every surface of my house, clean the bathrooms....but I just know that if I do all this at once I will get burnt out. So with that I decided that I needed a hobby.

My mom constantly tells me that I operate like I have some check list that I need to get done.....high school (check), college (check), meet the man of my dreams (check), master's degree (check), first home (check)...and so on. I do have to agree. I am still like this in my life even though I battle against it. It is hard for me to be distracted. When I get up in morning I have this mental check list that I want to get done before I watch a tv show or read a book. So in order to fight the good fight. I decided to take a class just for fun!!! I have been tossing around ideas but I would be interested in what ya'll have to say. With that being said, please do not suggest any type of exercise because I have recently joined a gym and already made goals there. So I know I do not have a huge following but those that do read, I can not wait to hear your suggestions.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

1)Horse Care and Riding Lessons...OR..2)Photography: Digital...OR 3)CameraDigital Scrapbooking: An Introduction...OR..4)Oil Painting - Beginning..OR....5)Photography: Digital Camera...OR....6)Getting Paid to Talk: An Introduction to Professional Voice Overs...OR....7)The Complete Public Speaking Experience..OR...8)Bellydancing - Basics....9)Beginning Violin, Viola and Cello for Adults 10)Calligraphy 11)GENEALOGY!!!

misti said...

Oooh fun...here's what's on my list, maybe they'll peak your interest:

- Sewing class
- Cake decorating
- Pottery/ceramics
- Photography
- Scuba Diving

Vanessa said...

photography (you would be great)
sewing
craftiness (experiment with tutorials and try to replicate cheap fun ideas from online)
humanitarian aide involvement (you seem like a great organizer)

hope you find something fun! cake decoratins is fun too! fondant is cool to play around with.

GOOD LUCK!!

Phil and Cami said...

Well, everyone above took my ideas except one...bow making. Lynsie and I have always wanted to take a class to learn how to tie cool and cute bows. We have yet to find one. But if you find one and take it, you could teach us!
Good luck!

Lisa said...

OH...OH... pick mine...pick mine...Just kidding. Let us know which one you choose! Oh yeah, how about Rosetta stone?!?

Lisa said...

YOU WILL be happy to know that I started a new blog, that is all about Louisiana & the wondeful things here! Live oak & cypress trees, with the spanish moss drippin'....crawfish...gumbo...hurricane parties! I LOVE BLOG STALKERS!! PASS THE WORD & SIGN IN TO BE A FOLLOWER! It will make you homesick.

w said...

I didn't realize you were home during the day...let me know if you ever get bored enough to hang out with me and my two kids :) We can do some photography and digital scrapbooking (great hobbies!!)

:)