Monday, July 5, 2010

Overwhelmed

I am so overwhelmed with support. I have felt each of you wrap your arms around me and give me a great big hug. Words can not express the love that I have felt these couple of days. I have felt so much strength and support. It is amazing the response that I have gotten. I hope everyone knows that I did not write that blog for recognition or attention. It was simply what my heart was screaming. I now feel like I know why I was meant to write it. There was purpose and a plan in it. One that can only be divinely inspired. As I blogged my previous entry I felt a release. I pondered a long time how to express the emotions I was feeling. It can be so hard to express the roller coaster of emotions you feel. So much has happened since my blog post. A whole new movement has been started and a new fire light inside my heart.

One the way to work on Saturday I was talking to my mom about my blog. At that point I only had four comments. It was in the early morning and I was telling my mom how good it felt to finally put my feelings into words. As we spoke I talked to her about a particular comment that I took comfort in. It was the first comment by my friend Sarah. Sarah expressed it so much better than I can. What touched me was that I was feeling as if she was saying "Amanda that is what your friends and family is for. It is okay...you rest a while. Let your friends continue the hope of you. I am keeping the hope for you." It was a relief to hear that. When you are going through infertility you feel like you have to explore every avenue, have every answer, all the while having a smile on your face, faith and hope in your heart, and act as if nothing is bothering you. I get tired from smiling so much. So when Sarah gave me that permission....something I would not allow myself to do. I felt relief. I felt rest. A chance to lay down while others kept the hope for me.

I know this is turning into a long blog but again I feel the need to express the events that have transpired. Little did I know that my mom would start a movement for all my friends and family to let me know that they were "keeping the hope for me" From this my friend Rebekah started a facebook blog in honor of my husband and me called "Keeping the Hope for You." It is for couples, their friends, and family who are facing infertility and needs someone to keep the hope for them. Please encourage all of your friends who either know someone or are going through infertility to join this group.

This movement has sparked something inside of me. I feel like I know my purpose in experiencing infertility. There are so many blogs out there about infertility but all the ones I see are about the persons personal journey and what they are doing to try to have a child. Then what happens is they finally get a child and it is just one more person I know who has a child and I don't. Like I said that is my experience with infertility blogs. So everything that has transpired has sparked me to start a blog. It will be titled "keeping the hope for you." it will be for couples and their loved ones to help "keep the hope" I am working out all the kinks in it but it will different than the other blogs that I have seen. However, I do not want to stop at the blog. I am bursting with ideas and I am so excited. So send your family and friends to this blog because once I launch the new blog I will put a link to it on here and announce it. I will still have this blog but it will be my family personal daily dealings blog. Thanks for all of the shout outs and I hope you can keep the movement going. Get the word out. ....

4 comments:

Lisa said...

"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven"....Ecclesiastes 3:1

"Each life that touches ours for good, Reflects thine own great mercy Lord"...pg 293

I LOVE YOU! I BELIEVE IN YOUR PURPOSE! May each life you touch, show the great mercy that He extends us all.

Le Voyageur said...

"There is in every true woman's heart a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity; but which kindles up, and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity."
— Washington Irving

I'm ecstatic that a new fire is blazing inside of you! Let me know if I can help in any way with this campaign. :)
Keeping the hope for you two!

sarah said...

You know, that reminds me so much of something your mother told me when I went with your family to a beach in Texas for your birthday. She was talking about how each of us carries with us a small ember and how powerful it is when those embers come together.

I'm so happy to hear about your new project. Can't wait to see the new blog!

Robynn's Ravings said...

So happy to see that you are turning your own pain and struggle into an outlet that will help so many. I once joined an infertility support group but ran because no one seemed to have ANY hope. HOPE IS VITAL. The latin root of "vital" is "vita" which means LIFE! They can and must go together. Thank you for wanting to give hope to others as well.

Many blessings in your journey and may God give you the desires of your heart in his perfect way and time. (((((BIG HUGS)))))